For the past 15 years I have been brokering, buying, selling and renting Armor. When clients ask me if they need Armor I always hesitate to just blurt out yes. Times have changed and so have the threats, not to mention enemy TTPs. These are some of the factors I consider when recommending or denying armor requests.
- What geographic area will they be visiting or operating in? What are past and current threats in the AO?
- Who is travelling? CEO, his family?
- What vehicles do I have at my disposal and do they fit into the AO?
- Are soft/low profile vehicles better suited?
- Does the person(s) travelling have a history of security problems, past incidences, current threat on him or herself?
- Is this individual Key man or woman at his or her organization?
Ask yourself these questions before you roger up to thousands of dollars in budget increases. Saludos. JG CEO – EESS Inc.